The Wynntown Marshals’ lyrics are never throwaway, the subject matter often obscure. World-weary yet uplifting melodies are channelled via strident guitars and gorgeous vocal harmonies, offset by beautiful keyboard parts, and driven by a rock-solid rhythm section. There’s something for everyone with the Marshals - nostalgic lyrics collide with jangly guitars and killer pop hooks, powerhouse guitars, plaintive pedal steel guitar, and washes of Hammond organ.
Following a successful appearance on BBC Scotland's "Quay Sessions" last year, the band are now well on their way to completing their fourth (as yet untitled) studio album which should come out in the autumn of 2020, and can't wait to 'air' some of these in their set at March Into Pitlochry.
Critical acclaim for The Wynntown Marshals:
- “Scotland’s greatest exponents of Americana… miles above the competition…” – Louder Than War (UK) July 2017
- "Whisky-soaked, with blurry echoes of a decelerated Husker Du... 9/10" - Uncut (UK) Dec 2013
- "One of my favourite bands – period!" - No Depression (US) 2013
- "A real favourite of mine" - Bob Harris (BBC Radio 2, UK) 2010
- "Arguably, Scotland’s strongest band at the moment” - Metro (UK) 2015
- "They really have the potential to conquer the charts and radio" - Maxazine (Netherlands) 2013
- "A beautiful, classic country sound, and a wealth of beautiful songs" - Heaven (Netherlands) July 2013